Saturday 2 February 2008

New Surroundings


The community allotments are in a walled garden in the grounds of the local convent http://www.noddfa.org.uk/.



There's a communal shed and the place has a lovely tranquil atmosphere.

Here's a few pictures of my new surroundings at the allotments.













The allotments have lots of potential as you can see from the pictures below.














































Most of the plots are a lot smaller than a normal allotment site but I like the communal feel and as I have never had an allotment before it seems the perfect place to start.

The plot I will be working on hasn't had anything on it for over 12 months and as you can see the weeds have been taking over. On the end of my plot there is a wildlife area being developed. We are hoping to breed hedgehogs in the allotments and lots of other beneficial insects and creatures.


No comments: