Saturday 2 February 2008

The First Dig

Well we didn't get the snow and the weather looked fine and not too windy so I put my wellies in a bag and headed up the allotment for my first dig!! Three hours later I got through a quarter of my patch. Had to give it a right old digging as there were lots of rotten potatoes under the ground from the previous person. Also came across a number of slug eggs!!













As I am writing this I can feel my back muscles asking my body was all this digging really a good idea. It's times like this I wish I had a bath! Only another three quarters to go and then bring on the weeds and slugs, I am ready and waiting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Salena,

Welcome to blogging! I saw a comment you left at Mrs Nesbitt's Place. I thought that I would stop by and say hello and it looks like I am the first to comment!

Good luck with your allotment ~ all that hard work will be worth it when you are harvesting next summer!

Drop by and say hello sometime soon.

Marie

Edmund (the explorer) Nesbitt said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Bless Marie eh! Yes welcome to the world of blogging!
Keep up the good work!

Love
Dxx

Edmund (the explorer) Nesbitt said...

oops Edmund!
nor Mrs nesbit!

LOL!

renduh said...

It's at times like this everyone else wishes you had a bath! :)

Cool blog. Keep your grubby little paws typing away.