Saturday 8 March 2008

My Rescued Bike


My allotments just keep getting better. The Chairman of my allotments fixes up bikes as a hobby. He collects the bikes from the tip and does them up and sells them for £10 as £10 covers the £5 cost to buy them from the tip and he donates £5 to the Siberian Tigers. He also helps collect the bikes for Rotary as they send them to coutries less fortunate than ours.

My bike was finally completed, I am now a proud owner of an original 1970's Raleigh Shopper. This bike is going to be ideal to go to the allotments especially with the removable basket. It also reminds me of the wicked witches bike in the 'Wizard of Oz' so I will have to give the bike a new image and be known as the white witch of the allotments!



The bike's dynamo light is also still working it looks like it was bought and hardly used and has being sitting very bored in someone's shed for a long time.


2 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Just love the bike!
Dxx

Anonymous said...

how you getting on with the allotment?