Sunday 2 August 2009

All my hard work ruined again

Well I haven't posted much as I've been unwell but the good news is I have finally found out what's wrong with me...I have pernicious anaemia which means I will have to have injections on a regular basis to stay normal (if that is possible). The problem is at the moment I am trying to work out a period of time in between injection that suits my body and I am still trying to find it as my body is not happy with the period the Dr is prescribing. Anyway enough of the sob story in a nutshell I've had no energy and haven't left the house much so the allotment was the least of my worries and when I went up there this week I could of cried it was so over grown.

All my hard work at the beginning of the year had gone to waste and I couldn't help but think it was because I was lazy even though I knew it was because of my illness...damn body.

Luckily my OH was kind enough to offer to come up with me today to try and get it back under control and we got about 1/3 cut back but lots of plants had to be sacrificed. It's horrible I spent so much time sorting it out at the beginning of the year and now it's all gone to waste. I really don't want to have to give up the allotment as it gives me great satisfaction and as we don't have a garden it's ideal but I need to find a way to make it easier...answers on a postcard.

Anyway here's a few pics for you to understand how I feel:

Before:


After:


And still to come:

No comments: