Monday 23 June 2008

Weeds aghhh!!!


As you can see from my last posts I haven't been up the lottie recently due to illness and then I had to go away examining work for a bit but my Summer Holidays are finally here and after looking at the allotment today I think it's going to take me until September to sort it out.....

I spent three hours manually trying to cut through all the weeds and grass and it still looked like I hadn't touched it as you can see from the images.
Left - Before
Right - After


The amazing thing is that the plants are surviving. I'm going to have trouble in the root bed telling the difference between weed and plant but it will be a learning curve. I could clearly see me broad beans, peas and strawberries fighting through the weeds.



It was really tiring today but I can't wait to get up there and do more and to cheer me up I harvested the first of my potatoes and we are going to have them tonight for tea!!!!


No comments: