Monday 11 August 2008

Catch up on the lottie


I haven't blogged for a while so here's a quick catch up of what's been going on...

I moved all my strawberries to a new area as next season my OH is going to build a cage for them to stop the damn squirrels!! He has had an idea of adapting a second hand fire guard, just have to find one now.

I decided although I loved my shopper bike it just wasn't practical living in North Wales so I asked the chairman of the allotments to look out for a new bike for me and he had two bikes given to him and I got one of them and guess what it's purple!! My shopper had a happy ending it went to a local 60 year old who was interested in getting back into cycling.


I went away for a week the beginning of August and obviously came back to a jungle but we had a community day up the allotment yesterday so it's now all prim and proper and the whole allotments are looking great. We have the judges from Wales in Bloom coming around today which is very exciting.

Before I went away for the week OH and I discovered the smell of rotting perennials in our new compost system. We had to empty two bins full of perennial weeds covered in water that had been sitting in the sun for over two weeks it was not a pleasant experience and I have now adapted the new compost system to no water on the perennial weed bins!!!

Anyway here's what my plot is looking like at the moment....






















No comments: