Sunday 6 July 2008

Meeting

Just come back from my allotment meeting. I have been officially put in charge of compost, compostwoman's information helped, so if you are reading this thankyou! There was a lady from BTCV there and she informed us that she wants to arrange an event for all local organisations and allotments to get together for a social along with some training, they will even arrange a mini bus to the event for us. The event will probably be in a local environment centre Moelyci as they have a lot of good practice going on there for us to see along with a lot of knowledgeable people.She also said she would try and arrange a group visit to Centre of Alternative Technology for us to get information from there. We also agreed it would be good to get rainwater harvesting so are going to try and get B&Q to donate some equipment to us. We are also going to try and get a bit of funding to allow us to put a roof on one of the out buildings so we can turn it into a potting shed. It's all very exciting and inspiring.

2 comments:

Compostwoman said...

WELL DONE Salena! I said you could wow them with your compost knowledge!

I have a very useful list of funding providers...I will send it to you pronto

cw xx

Anonymous said...

I've just found your blog via the INEBG forum. I'm really thrilled that your allotment is 20'x20' because that makes me wanting to turn our garden into a "back yard allotment" so much more do-able!
I've added your blog to my favourites and if it's ok with you, will also add you to my list of favourite blogs on my own blog.

Sharon (aka Tabitha!)