Friday 27 June 2008

Seeing the light at the end of the weeds!


Weather was grey with light showers but I decided to go up the allotment as my OH is going to be coming up with me tomorrow to finish the last raised bed so I needed to get the area clear. All I need to do tomorrow is clear the pile of wood and clear the weeds under the wood and soil bags.







I have decided to practically start again in my root bed as so many of the seedlings were entangled with weeds making it hard to untangle the mess. I did manage to save a couple of carrot, leek, onion and swede seedlings. At least this time round I can try and sow in a straight line.








I have noticed that something has been nibbling at my ripe strawberries. I will have to find a solution for that possibly build a structure with a netting. There was one bright red strawberry so I waited until I finished my work and ate it. It tasted so sweet, I haven't tasted a strawberry that sweet, ever!

No comments: